Journalist Visa
Home › Journalist Visa

Journalist Visa is issued to professional journalists and photographers. The applicants are required to contact the External Publicity Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and in other places, the Office of the Government of India's Press Information Bureau on arrival in New Delhi.

Foreign journalists coming to India on long term assignments (i.e. to be based in India), have to fill up the online form under category New users – select option – “I am applying through Indian Mission abroad) for issuance of PIB cards simultaneously with submission of their “J” visa applications, in order to facilitate timely issuance of PIB cards.

Foreign nationals involved in field of Journalism, electronic or print media, etc. need to apply for ‘J Visa’ even if they are visiting India for tourism or other than journalism purposes.